Rider down SE1?
  • This morning at More London? Anyone know anymore about it?
  • one of our motorcycle guys dropped there earlier and was told that the guy had been killed by a lorry at the bottom of the ramp. He didnt have any other details though
  • i dropped there at 10:41 and was told a pushie had been run OVER by a container or skip lorry, something big at any rate and that it was his own fault, as to whether this is the case i've no idea, he was alive after the event as he was on alot of drips but died later. My sister works at ernst & young so she may know more than we might get told , will see her tomorrow (weds) and ask if she's heard anything, info on what exactly happened is v thin, not sure if it will end up on the news....and no one knows who it was as yet, but time will tell i guess....not good at all though.....

be safe guys and gals..
  • Definitely won't end up on the news! More info from anyone would be really welcome.
  • dropped there this afternoon, I was told it was a motorcycle rider from courier systems and that he has died.
  • seems to be the case....my sister was told by memo via ernst and young that it was a motorbike not a cyclist......
  • The following comments are likely to be offensive to most of the people on here....so don't read them if you're easily offended
  • Go on knobhead, do your worst.
  • Firstly, the Health and Safety boys will have a field day with this.
    There are plenty of places within the M25 these days where courier drivers are not allowed to leave the sacntuary of their vans in loading areas without donning luminous vests. I sent a van to such a crap-hole - big printers in Kent - only last month.
    That complex at More London Place is a bit scary. It's OK if you speak enough English/Afrikaans/Yoruba to understand what the bozo in the hut at the top of the ramp is telling you when he tells you to turn left and go to Bay D, but the lower level isn't somewhere I'd want to be walking around on foot.

Here comes the tradmark cynical/inhuman bit.....

With any luck, this stiff was a typical Courier Systems body. Working for £2 per hour, expected to put-in 12 hour shifts as a matter of course and - crucially - with no idea what the hell he was doing or where the hell he was going.
    It would be preferable if he ticked as many "victim" boxes as possible. A father with a few kids and a sob story back in Brazil would be good.
    Of course, that assumes there's a chance of either the press (or anyone else) taking any interest.
    With any luck, someone might look into the work practices of the vermin in Kensal Road. With more luck, those practices might reach the ears of someone influential at companies like Goldman Sachs and Associated News. With even more luck, those ears might belong to someone who's recently contracted religion and will take their company's business elsewhere.

To be brutally frank, I just about consider anyone killing a Courier Systems rider to have done this industry a favour. Don't give me any "It's not the riders' fault!" crap either. If riders willingly donate 50% of their earnings to slags like Courier Systems - in the full knowledge that that money will be used to further cut prices and faciliate the theft of money from their fellow couriers - I have very little sympathy for them.
  • We didn't have Internet access when I worked at Metro, Overdrive.
    Do some work!
  • I'm gonna get ya!
  • Basie in shit post about dead courier shocker.

What exactly do you do about the shit state of affairs in the despatch industry apart from posting on here?

RIP the rider. It's a shit way to go and there's no way anyone should be laying blame in anyone's direction at this stage.
  • exactly. basie, you are a dispicable cunt. have some fucking respect you fucking twat.
  • Thank fuck I'm just off out and don't have time to fully let rip. But is there really anything to say when Basie makes a comment like this:

'To be brutally frank, I just about consider anyone killing a Courier Systems rider to have done this industry a favour.'

That comment speaks for itself.
  • Don't you guys know?

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL.

He wants you to call him a cunt. He's enjoying this.

Don't feed the fucking troll.
  • Whatever happened to sideshow bob?
  • "If riders willingly donate 50% of their earnings to slags like Courier Systems - in the full knowledge that that money will be used to further cut prices and faciliate the theft of money from their fellow couriers - I have very little sympathy for them."

You think that the average Brazilian Mbike rider has any idea what percentage of their earnings goes to their company? Or that they know how this money may be used? They deserve to die for their ignorance?
    Why dont you get a job culling pigeons or sumat, you obsene fuck.
  • THE THOUGHTS OF COUNTESS BAISIE.

The following comments are likely to be offensive to anyone who is not in a secure mental hospital so if you're not banged up in Broadmoor for setting fire to a mini van full of special needs kids, don't read on...

So another cunt has got himself killed for being a cunt. Admittedly that More London place is a bit scarey, just like the landing at my Gran's house when i was a kid, all dark and stinking of piss, most of it mine cos i wet myself. Last time i was at More London I couldn't understand what the bozo in the hut was telling me cos he was talking Swa-fucking-hili or Es-fucking-peranto. Turns out he was saying how much he liked and AGREED with all the stuff i write on MT about shit heads who get themselves killed for being shit heads. Except i didn't realise that till later after i'd punched him cos I thought he was asking me if i wanted to go down the ramp where it's all dark and scarey and give him a hand job and that gave me flashbacks to my Gran's house. My gran had hands like two shovels.
    Anyway that More London place is as dark as a Jew's overcoat (not that I've got anything against jews even if 6 million of them did get themselves killed in the Holocaust for being cunts. And don't give me any of that "it's not the Jews' fault" crap either. If they chose to live in GERMANY and EASTERN EUROPE then I have very little sympathy for them).
    Hopefully the guy who got killed (AKA 'The Stiff') ticks as many cunt boxes as possible; nice chap, hard working, never a bad word for anyone. 'Cos only by killing off people who are better than me in every possible way can we make any progress in this industry. And I am doing my best to faciliate that; yes, I said faciliate. I meant facilitate but you know what it's like when you're not half as clever as you think you are.
    To be brutally frank and frankly brutal, and to be frutally bank and butally rank while i'm on a roll, the only way to show you care is to prove that you don't every time you open your big fat trap like me. And remember to write things like "walk around on foot" just to make it clear that you don't mean walk around on your bike or walk around standing on your head. That's my trademark that is.
    Anyway I will be setting up a little memorial to The Stiff on Tooley st; it'll be a bronze sculpture of a grieving family and if you have any sense you'll join me every Friday when I shit on it. 'Cos grieving families deserve what they get for giving birth to or marrying people who willingly let themselves give 100% of their earnings to slags and for not having brought down the system yet and for not having the guts to write witless, puerile and adolescent look-at-me, look-at-me posts under a pseudonym on an internet forum.
    As for that Overdrive I hate him; he's got friends he has, people who like him and care about him and I'll bet his Gran had hands like a concert pianist, the cunt.
  • will CommentTime1 hour ago edited
    THE THOUGHTS OF COUNTESS BAISIE.

The following comments are likely to be offensive to anyone who is not in a secure mental hospital so if you're not banged up in Broadmoor for setting fire to a mini van full of special needs kids, don't read on...

So another cunt has got himself killed for being a cunt. Admittedly that More London place is a bit scarey, just like the landing at my Gran's house when i was a kid, all dark and stinking of piss, most of it mine cos i wet myself. Last time i was at More London I couldn't understand what the bozo in the hut was telling me cos he was talking Swa-fucking-hili or Es-fucking-peranto. Turns out he was saying how much he liked and AGREED with all the stuff i write on MT about shit heads who get themselves killed for being shit heads. Except i didn't realise that till later after i'd punched him cos I thought he was asking me if i wanted to go down the ramp where it's all dark and scarey and give him a hand job and that gave me flashbacks to my Gran's house. My gran had hands like two shovels.
    Anyway that More London place is as dark as a Jew's overcoat (not that I've got anything against jews even if 6 million of them did get themselves killed in the Holocaust for being cunts. And don't give me any of that "it's not the Jews' fault" crap either. If they chose to live in GERMANY and EASTERN EUROPE then I have very little sympathy for them).
    Hopefully the guy who got killed (AKA 'The Stiff') ticks as many cunt boxes as possible; nice chap, hard working, never a bad word for anyone. 'Cos only by killing off people who are better than me in every possible way can we make any progress in this industry. And I am doing my best to faciliate that; yes, I said faciliate. I meant facilitate but you know what it's like when you're not half as clever as you think you are.
    To be brutally frank and frankly brutal, and to be frutally bank and butally rank while i'm on a roll, the only way to show you care is to prove that you don't every time you open your big fat trap like me. And remember to write things like "walk around on foot" just to make it clear that you don't mean walk around on your bike or walk around standing on your head. That's my trademark that is.
    Anyway I will be setting up a little memorial to The Stiff on Tooley st; it'll be a bronze sculpture of a grieving family and if you have any sense you'll join me every Friday when I shit on it. 'Cos grieving families deserve what they get for giving birth to or marrying people who willingly let themselves give 100% of their earnings to slags and for not having brought down the system yet and for not having the guts to write witless, puerile and adolescent look-at-me, look-at-me posts under a pseudonym on an internet forum.
    As for that Overdrive I hate him; he's got friends he has, people who like him and care about him and I'll bet his Gran had hands like a concert pianist, the cunt.

• the first one was better.
  • I am just starting a courier job at Courier Systems, should I leave the job? its my first job as bike messenger
  • If it's your first job as a bike messenger, then the company you start at is less important. I say -less-, because you shouldn't work for a rubbish company, but keep in mind that you probably won't be ready for a really good company, as you won't have the experience just yet. I know very little about the workings of Courier Systems and it would be wrong of me to assume they're alright just because they seem to have a shitload of riders. I say give 'em a go. Don't listen to Count Basie, he doesn't approve of any companies and is just a bitter troll.

Anyway, good luck.
  • +1 to what fromemory says; your first company is just that, somewhere to learn and get some experience. if it's good you can stay, if it's crap you can leave with a bit more of an idea of what's what. August is a tough time to find a job anyway.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!