Monkey skater attack - a response from a skater
26.02.09 by Buffalo Bill

I emailed urbanSKATERS about this story, and received this email in response:

[This is] the first i’ve heard of it. This is crazy. I’ve never heard anything like this before. Most skaters I know, and I know most of them, are decent people who work as or know couriers themselves.

Whoever this lunatic is, I can promise you that he’ll get a serious hiding from the other skaters if he’s caught.

I seriously hope the people involved don’t hold this monkeys actions against the rest of us and that no one is hurt further by his reckless behaviour.

Lee Hayward

I seriously doubt that any London messenger (or any other cyclist) would hold the rest of the skating community for this idiot’s behaviour.

Monkey attacks London courier
Checkpoint monkey

1. sounds like a serious case of todger envy..

it always seems to come down to whose got the biggest todger doesn’t it?

well, monkey-boy, this time it has.

and it’s me.

— Swiss Tony    26 February 2009, 18:05    #
  2. Gorillas are apes not monkeys…we have tails.

— Monkey Anti-Defamation(MAD) Society    26 February 2009, 18:28    #
  3. [This is] the first i’ve heard of it. This is crazy. I’ve never heard anything like this before. Most monkeys I know, and I know most of them, are decent monkeys who work as or know couriers themselves.

Whoever this lunatic is, I can promise you that he’ll get a serious hiding from the other monkeys if he’s caught.

I seriously hope the people involved don’t hold this monkey’s actions against the rest of us and that no one is hurt further by his reckless behaviour.

Jack    26 February 2009, 18:58    #
  4. @Jack (comment above) has made a blog entry which clearly implies that “other skaters” or as he calls them “MONKEYS” represent this one individual. I want to make it clear from this point forward that neither myself nor anyone else in the skating community that I’m aware of, condone this type of behaviour.

There has always been some tension between cyclists and skaters, with both sides to blame. We should try and not let this one incident leave a mark on the rest of the skating community as a whole.

So in short.. There is only ONE skate monkey at large.. The rest of us want him caught just as much as you do.

Thanks
    Lee.

Lee Hayward    26 February 2009, 21:01    #
  5. I thought he was on rollerblades. That’s what I heard from everyone anyway.

— alex    26 February 2009, 21:11    #
  6. “There has always been some tension between cyclists and skaters, with both sides to blame.”
    There what? Probably more than half the skaters I know ride bikes as well …

Don’t try to make this out as some kind of “rival tribes” thing just because a few muppets are muppets

Daniel Barlow    26 February 2009, 21:39    #
  7. @Alex: They probably mean Quad Skates :)

@Daniel: I’m not saying this is a rival tribes thing, as you put it. I’m a cyclist myself, but I’ve experienced more verbal abuse from cyclists than I have from taxi drivers. So I apologise if that wasn’t clear.. BTW, I can’t get onto your site link, keeps giving me 500 errors..

Lee Hayward    26 February 2009, 22:33    #